Pages

Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Happy Birthday, Nathan

Yesterday was Nathan's twenty-first birthday!



I had to contend for his attention to get a picture. =) When I commented on how nice it was for him to "dress up" for his birthday, he replied that he was a working man! =P

{"I'm turning one...?}



The glass requires a little explanation. 
We had two glasses of similar shape that Nate especially liked. Said it was a glass he could really get a grip on, a "man's glass." When one of them broke, he got downright possessive. Now no one could use his glass. =) But that one eventually broke as well. So for his birthday, we decided to get him a glass and easily found some that were just like the others, only a couple inches taller. A real man's glass. =D

Many of his gifts were tools that he
wanted, wrench sets, tool batteries (lithium batteries that Nate
kept calling "Lithuanium batteries" =D). 
Group Hug!! =D

A little late, but on the fourth of July, we had a couple families over and played volleyball, kick-the-can, and set off a few fireworks. We then lit sparklers and Anna took pictures of them as we made shapes. It was really neat; I would not have expected the camera to capture all that it did:

it got a little interesting sometimes...





Daniel's heart looked a bit more like a tomato =)
Andrew & Melinda =)

This took a little practice, but it was cool

4 comments:

  1. Happy day Nathan!! Funny about the glass...and cool about the fireworks.
    Thanks for sharing; );)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday Nathan!! The sparklers were really cool...I had seen that on the Internet and have been wanting to do it. We missed y'all at the ranch=(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday, Nathan!!!! I agree with Cassie, funny about the glass! :) hahaha!! The fireworks looked great!!!!! That would be soo fun to do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nate's birthday meal looks great! I like the group picture with you all you 'kids' in it. That is so neat what you did with the sparklers! We've done that before with them, but didn't catch anything by camera. Glad you all had a good 4th of July.

    ReplyDelete