I was told that I need to just post something, so that at least everyone knows I'm still alive! So, I am alive and posting once again! =)
I think all of you know, but in case anyone doesn't: I was privileged to take a two-week missions trip/senior trip to England in March. I stayed with the Rooney family (missionaries in Gainsborough, Lincolnshire), who we met (five?) years ago when they came to our church on deputation. (We had them over to our house several times, and became good friends with them).
I was quite excited, as you can imagine, to be able to make this trip. A great experience, to be sure. It was also my first time flying! {Which was absolutely awesome!!! =D}
 |
| Waiting at the airport... We got there plenty early, just to be safe |
Mom and I have put together a scrapbook with my pictures from this trip, so for the sake of not being repetitive, I'm just putting a few pictures on here. {I say "a few," but it's hard to pick just a few!}
 |
| The Old Hall: a medieval manor house in Gainsborough that we were able to tour |
 |
| main hall in the Old Hall |
 |
| The front gardens reminded me of a Jane Austen movie =) |
 |
| {Left to right} Lawrence, William, Olivia, Rosalyn, Victoria, and Me |
 |
"Tea Time!" {in the Old Hall cafe} |
 |
| We girls {Rosalyn, Me, Olivia, Victoria} sang "Does Jesus Care" on Sunday |
 |
| Olivia and I played a flute duet {Grace Greater than our Sin} |
 |
| The Trent River in Gainsborough |
 |
| Liv and I |
We got ice cream cones in Blyton...
... and played ping pong while we were there!
On Tuesday, we went out to the Gainsborough Market, sang hymns, played instruments, passed out tracts, and an evangelist preached on a street corner.
 |
Us kids playing Dutch Blitz with the Vanderhurks (a couple who had come to help us in the market) |
We visited Epworth, where the Wesleys are from:
 |
| The Rectory and gardens |
 |
{Priscilla, Florrie, Henry, William Rosalyn, Olivia, Ellissia} |
 |
| Olivia, Ellissia, me, and Rosalyn |
The day we toured London was long and tiring, but fun and definitely worth it! =) We visited Trafalgar Square:
the Metropolitan Tabernacle:
Westminster Abbey:
Buckingham Palace!!
 |
| Rosalyn and I got a picture with the bobby =) |
 |
| cramming into a phone booth =D |
Big Ben:
 |
| this man was playing "Danny Boy" on the bridge over to Big Ben |
The Tower Bridge:
and the London Eye! The Rooneys had a couple coupons for it, so some of us older kids were able to ride!
 |
| the view was spectacular |
It was certainly two weeks that I greatly enjoyed and will never forget! Thanks so much for your hospitality, Rooney family!
We had such a fun time. Besides the sickness, it would be fun to do it again :) I was looking at all the pictures we took the other day and couldn't believe how many we took!
ReplyDelete:) Glad you were able to come, Hannah!!! :) We had a great time!!!! :) Even though we played Dutch Blitz "every" single night!! :) It was fun.
ReplyDeleteLooks like a TON of fun! I wish I could see them again, especially Rosalyn!!
ReplyDelete(well...I was going to say "looks like a ton of fun"...but that's just what Dee Dee said...guess that's what I get for being a twin...hehehe;) ) Well, it looks like a....BLAST..how's that??!!...sooo glad you got to go!
ReplyDeleteThanks Hannah! I mean I KNEW you were still alive, but I enjoyed looking at the pictures again.
ReplyDelete