Though I finished school over a month ago, my official graduation ceremony was this past Friday. On Wednesday, Gram and Pap traveled down and brought me a big surprise - Courtney, Cassie, and Dee Dee Bryant! They completely took me by surprise! I never suspected a thing! {and they had fun laughing at my gullibility!}
 |
| {playing Scattergories} |
It was great to have them here! I think it helped get my mind off the ceremony, and it was nice to have extra help getting the house ready for the reception!
 |
| {dipping pretzels in white chocolate and coating with sprinkles} |
 |
{we played a lot of volleyball while they were here. I think this picture was actually taken a little after 7 on the morning they had to leave. Yes, we were on a volleyball craze!} |
 |
{practicing a song we girls are going to sing together at their
church when we are up there on Mother's Day} |
 |
| Getting the house ready... |
 |
| I'm all for edible decorations! |
 |
| {we had extra time before we had to leave for the church, so we took a couple pictures!} |
At church, before the ceremony, we played a slideshow of pictures of my life since kindergarten. It really helped everyone feel relaxed and informal. {I actually didn't get nervous until Pomp and Circumstance started!}
The Ceremony:
 |
| {Pastor Webb, Pap, Dad} |
 |
| {Mrs. Hutchins played for us} |
Pastor Webb opened the ceremony and led "Trust and Obey" as a congregational hymn. Pap prayed and gave a short charge (Well, it was supposed to be short, but he went over his six minutes! LOL).
 |
| {and of course, I had to give a speech} |
 |
| {Nathan, Bethany, and Daniel sang "My Life, Lord, is Yours to Control"} |
 |
| {Dad preached...} |
 |
| {... and presented the diploma} |
 |
| {All that trouble just for a piece of paper!! LOL} |
The reception:
 |
| {Mom made the cake} |
 |
| {thank you, Anna, for taking pictures!} |
After most people finished eating, I opened my gifts. There were so many cards, we decided just to do gifts now and I could open cards later. I won't go through and list everything I was given, but I got some very special gifts that really surprised me.
Thank you to all those who made that night special for me!!
I wish I could have been there! So exciting that you have graduated! Victoria and I both thought you looked very nice in your gown...way different then I would look :D haha.
ReplyDeleteOh, I wish you could have been too!
DeleteWhy, thank you! It was a little awkward at first, especially the hat. And I had never worn such a big dress before! LOL
Well!!! Congradulations!!! :)))) Bethany sent me the picture of you with your gown on. She said the graduation was a disaster! :D haha!!!!!!!!! I'm glad that you are fully graduated!! :)
ReplyDeleteThank you! Haha, yes, Beth told me that she fooled you all into thinking that it had been a disaster! I'm certainly glad that it wasn't!! =)
DeleteIt was soo much fun being there! Thanks for letting us come..oh wait! you had no choice!..hehe
ReplyDelete