Pages

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Catch-Up

  Beth told me today that there is no point in having a blog if you never post anything! For once, I guess she was right, so I decided I had better post something! =) Seems like we've been busy, but not with a lot of "blog-worthy" stuff. 
  We were able to spend some time at our grandparents last week, though certainly not for a reason which we would have chosen. Dad's sister-in-law had passed away, and we went up for the funeral. I think we only got this one picture the whole week, but I don't think Pap was up to much picture-taking because he had the flu and bronchitis! We managed to stay healthy in spite of him. =D

  We finished the quilt a week and a half ago, and gave it to a missionary's wife! We were so excited to have it completed! The picture doesn't do all the pretty stitching justice!


  Several weeks ago (you can tell it's been a while since I've posted) we had a good, old-fashioned, Pennsylvania taffy pull! We had two couples from church over, both of which are originally from Pennsylvania! =)
Dad and Nate had to get it started because it was so hard to pull at first
When it got too smooth, they had to take it outside
(when we actually had some cold weather!)

Mrs. Mitchell and Daniel cutting the taffy into pieces
(it wasn't really that cold in the house, just outside =P)

Matt and Anna taking a turn at pulling

Oh, it tasted so good!!

Last but not least, for those of you who don't already know, we got a dog! A cute, lovable, rottweiler named Bear. She used to belong to Paul, but they recently moved and decided to only take one of their two dogs with them. Since Bear was too docile to be much of a watchdog, she got left behind. But we were only too glad to take her! =) She has won over each member of the family!




5 comments:

  1. Beth was right...glad you posted...hehe! (Beth should get a blog!?)Glad y'all didn't get sick!!! Sure loved having y'all up here...you left TOO soon! Good job on the quilt...and glad you got a dog! I've always wanted one...but sorta glad we never got one;)hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bravo on updating. I know what it's like to get in a "blog slump", but it was a good post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, we haven't posted in awhile either....we just haven't taken any pictures worth putting on :) Thanks for the update.

    ReplyDelete
  4. :) Glad you finally posted!!! :)) hahaha! I have said that to Victoria sometimes..but she normally says, "there is nothing to post about!" haha! loved the picture. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yea! You posted! Loved having y'all here! It was good to see you guys!

    ReplyDelete