Pages

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

The Summer is On!

Summer break has begun! At least, for most of us. Beth still has a little bit of school left, but she will finish soon. School has ended, and spring cleaning has started! Yes, so exciting... lol  But actually is does feel good to have things thoroughly cleaned. We did a few rooms this week, but the rest will probably wait till next since the end of this week is going to be busy. And we want to save some of the fun for Beth. =D

We started planting the garden around the end of April and some plants are beginning to pop up. Weeds included. =(  The rose bushes by the deck are also blooming in abundance!

so pretty


Beans and onions
tomatoes... for us not the deer!!


Corn... and weeds =(  We planted several more rows last week so that
we'll have fresh corn several times this summer.

     Last Saturday we had a cookout/youth get-together, which Nate had wanted to do before he left for the Ranch. (He leaves next Tuesday). We played volleyball, ultimate frisbee, and grilled hamburgers and roasted hot-dogs and marshmellows.  It was a fun, fantastic evening. Mom got a few pictures:

5 comments:

  1. I wish it would be warm here....I'm glad Bethany is almost done with school. :) I wish I was done, but I won't be done until late in July :( Glad you have had a nice Summer so far. The Rose plant looks GORGEOUS!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like y'alls get-together was alot of fun! only 34 days till the BRR!!!!!!!!! :):) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha. I can't help laughing at DeeDee's comment :D Sounds like you have been enjoying your summer so far. We are trying to enjoy ours but it's kinda hard to when it's not really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have fun at BRR, Cowboy Nathan....Can't wait till WE go...only 29 days!!!!

    ReplyDelete