Pages

Friday, October 26, 2012

American History Day

This past Wednesday we had American History Day in chapel. Yes, just this past Wednesday... are you proud of me for getting the pics on the blog in the same week?! =D 

We already had the dresses that Beth and I wore, and Mom and I made my apron since we didn't have a plain white one. Daniel's clothes weren't hard at all, as those of you who know Daniel can imagine. How hard is it for a little boy who plays cowboys almost every day to dress up as a cowboy? =)

Just because I'm mean and like to test your knowledge, I'm not going to tell you who we were. You have to guess. =D We had to give hints so I'll give you those:

For Bethany's character: She was born in 1764. Her husband was a President. She saved important papers and portraits from the White House when it burned in 1814. (Here's the big hint:) Her husband is called the "Father of the Constitution."

For My character: She was born in Massachusetts in 1744. Her husband was an ambassador to France, Holland, and Great Britain (at different times, of course). Both her husband and son were U.S. Presidents.

For Daniel's character: He rode fast horses and carried mail. He fought in the Civil War and was a scout during the Plains Wars. He is also known for shooting many buffalo.

Think, think, think! (Stop looking at the end of the post!!!!!) =D


We didn't smile in this picture cause they didn't smile in pictures back then.... well, I guess they really didn't have cameras back then...


From Left to Right
Back Row: Megan (Virginia Dare); Bethany (Dolly Madison); Amber (Sacagawea); Me (Abigail Adams); Leah (Clara Barton); Seth (Noah Webster); Jonathan (Billy Sunday)
Front Row: Savanna (Martha Washington); Tabitha (Martha Washington); Daniel (Buffalo Bill Cody); Caleb H. (Abraham Lincoln); Caleb G. (Thomas Edison); Mason (Davy Crocket); Andrew (Daniel Boone)

Did you guess right? If not, go review your history!! =D

3 comments:

  1. haha. I thought Bethany was Abigail Adams...guess I got that wrong. I figured Daniel was someone like Buffalo Bill or something.

    Sounds like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Y'all did great. I have to admit, I didn't have a clue who y'all were dressed up as, but I guess I'm not good at history anyway:)LOL:)

    ReplyDelete