Last Monday we picked apples at a friend's house, so the following Wednesday we made applesauce. The total process takes about all day with as much as we make.
![]() |
| This is only about two thirds of the apples. I didn't get a picture of all of it together. |
![]() |
| Mia's helping cut apples |
So we quarter them and cut out any bad spots...
...then they go in these pots with some water to cook until soft.
From the pots the apples are dumped into this Squeezo that Melinda is using. This thing is awesome because it takes quartered apples and separates the cores and peels while squeezing out the sauce.
Then we jar the applesauce and can the jars...
...and the result is fresh hot applesauce that will last through the winter. I think we did around sixty eight quarts this year.
Well, that's all for now. I hope to get a post about Camp out soon if not tonight so stay tuned! ;)








Oh yummm! I know what we're going to be doing later on in September! :D
ReplyDelete