Pages

Thursday, December 25, 2014

Merry Christmas! 2014



  We were able to be home for Christmas this year, which was somewhat nice since we are usually traveling over the holidays. The "sticky wicket" came in the event of the guys finishing remodeling the kitchen the week of Christmas since no one else wants them tearing into their house during the holiday. We still managed to get some baking done in between painting, putting on cabinet doors and trim, installing the dishwasher and putting in a  "peninsula."  It was very interesting though. Even today Nate was in the kitchen with trim and nail gun, finishing up a few things. Mom and I just look at each other like, "Are we ever going to get the kitchen back?" 
We are so excited to have it done though! It's been so nice! I will post separately about the kitchen later.

Yesterday, {Christmas Eve} Mom baked the gingerbread and in the evening we put the houses together:









Melinda and Andrew shared one, and the rest of us
did our own

      I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas!

I had to add this photo:
Daniel was very excited to receive a Zorro cape and mask
{both of which Beth made for him} and a black hat to complete
his classic Zorro costume! =)


Merry Christmas!!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a lot of fun. Good job Bethany on Daniels Zorro costume and your gingerbread houses look really nice too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wasn't sure if I should comment on every post or what. We all like Daniel's Zorro costume. A few of the younger ones are a bit jealous :)) The kitchen looks great! I'm sure its nice to have it done and usable again. Also, you all did a great job on the gingerbread houses. And happy late birthday to Bethany!

    ReplyDelete