Pages

Friday, February 15, 2013

How does it feel to be 17??

    It seems like every time my birthday rolls around, I get asked, "Do you feel any older?" Well, I don't know about the rest of you, but I never do. And this year was no different. Being seventeen feels pretty much the same as being sixteen. Life hasn't changed much.  =D

Although by birthday wasn't until Wednesday, I had a sleep-over with a couple friends Sunday night because it just worked out better that way. We tried not to stay up too late and set out with good intentions. We all laid down to go to sleep, and ten minutes later someone had to get up for something, and before we knew it we were up talking about something or other! =D But we did manage to get some sleep!

Amber, Me, and Megan
Meg and I
Beth and Amber
Amber and I
and of course we had to take some crazy pictures =D
After a late breakfast Monday morning, we played games...

... and played instruments (Amber on the piano, and Beth, Me, and Meg on violins)...

...and made funnel cakes, which were pretty good!

no comment...lol =D

      Wednesday was busy with chapel and church, and I did school since I took Monday off. In the afternoon, on the spur of the moment, I decided to use some of the money my grandparents had sent me to go get my hair cut! Got quite a bit cut off, but I like it. =D When Nate came home that evening before supper, he asked, "Is this the new 'seventeen-year-old look'?" lol =D

     I opened gifts after church that night, and since I couldn't think of anything off the top of my head that I wanted (always have that problem, except when it's not my birthday!), they just gave me money, and some candy. =D  So I'll have to go shopping sometime soon. But for Daniel's gift, I of course had to go on a treasure hunt for it. =D
Isn't he sweet (most of the time)? =D


Let's not forget the cake...
no, we didn't have seventeen candles!  =P
Chocolate cake with peanut butter icing, and
Moose Tracks and Cookies & Cream ice cream. Yum!

8 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a great time with Amber and Megan! That one of you and Megan in the kitchen is funny :P haha. I never can think of much off of the top of my head either. It seems like the older I get the more I appreciate just getting money for my birthday. You being seventeen makes me feel young :P Glad you had a good birthday, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your " new 17 look"! I went to a sleep over not to long ago, and we stayed up until 4AM!!!!!!! It was soooo much fun, and it looks like you had fun too! But, hey, When ISN'T it fun to just hang out with Best Friends(and don't forget being with your sister LOL:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pics hannah! the pic of you and me in the kitchn looks like your bout to beat me with the rolling pin haha! i had tons of fun, thanks for lettin me coe over!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your pics, Hannah!!! :) You're becoming a great photographer! What you said about people asking if you felt older made me laugh; I asked you that on your birthday this year...lol. And I like the haircut (or new "seventeen-look", as Nathan said. :) ) Looking forward to seeing you guys on Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoyed the pictures! Happy belated birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhhhh I love your hair...you and i both got a new hair cut only instead of my 'hair' it was just my bangs (i have a strait bang now:)...not too crazy about mine though!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your hair Hannah! It is sooo pretty! Daniel's present was sweet! :)

    ReplyDelete