Pages

Monday, November 26, 2012

Daniel's 7th Birthday


Daniel turned seven last Thursday, Thanksgiving Day. With everyone here for Thanksgiving, he got enough gifts to spoil him, though some of them are being used by Nate and Dad as much as by Daniel... the remote-control helicopter particularly, which Paul got for Daniel. =D
opening his presents...

And let's not forget the birthday spankings!!! =D

 One of Daniel's gifts took a bit of before-hand planning. (To keep it a secret from him, we called it the Manhattan Project. =D) Since it wasn't something we could wrap up, Dad wrote a little jingle to tell him what it was...
I think he looks like our cousin, Lincoln, in this picture. Scary! lol =D (Don't tell Lincoln I said that, Gram! =D)
In case you can't read it:
Today is your special day, We think you will shout hurray!
For you we have a big surprise which will really put you on a rise.
We know you like to climb the trees, and swing and sway in the breeze.
So how about a house off the ground, that you can play in all year round?
You'll need a ladder to climb up in, and a door somewhere to let you in.
And side to protect you from the mouse, that may want to camp in your TREE HOUSE.
 
The hilarious thing was that he didn't get it at first!! =D But he was very excited once we explained that he was getting a tree house!
Dad and Nate (though mostly Nate) built the tree house in a large oak tree at the corner of our yard on Thursday and Friday.




It turned out to be quite large... and higher off the ground than Mom anticipated. =D

Nathan cut round pieces of wood into the right length and used them for pickets, which look really cool. He even made a trap door above where the ladder is. He's going to make a wooden ladder of some sort later, I think.

Daniel really enjoys his new tree house!



6 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Daniel, And cool tree house! Have fun:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday Daniel!! I always wanted a tree house when I was little too;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday, Daniel! I forgot your birthday was so close to mine :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Daniel says, "Thank you. I had a great birthday." And he wants you to know, "I'm an uncle!!" =D =D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have LOTS of fun in your tree house, Daniel!

    ReplyDelete
  6. By the way, the last picture of Daniel turned out REALLY good!

    ReplyDelete