Whenever we kids go stay at our grandparents, Mom always says that we're getting our "grandparent fix." So we're getting our grandparent fix this week!
Monday morning we picked blueberries at a huge patch about an hour from Gram and Pap's house. They had a "bumper crop" this year... I don't know about you, but I was like, huh? Translation--a really good crop... so the bushes were absolutely loaded! They were also wet cause it had rained that morning, and the best and biggest berries are, of course, on the bottom and middle of the bushes where people rarely pick! Consequently, we were all quite soaked by the time we were done. But we picked 52 pounds in three hours!
Gram and I both forgot to take our cameras to the berry patch, so I don't have any pictures of us picking, only sorting and washing them after we got home.
 |
| Sorting out the stems, leaves, and rotten and unripe berries |
 |
| Gram and I |
 |
| Daniel and Gram |
 |
| Bethany hard at work |
 |
| Me, Pap, Daniel, and Beth |
 |
| Gram washing the berries |
Tuesday Gram took us swimming! Several of their church members have pools and always invite us to come over and use them! And we always have a lot of fun!
 |
| Daniel squirting a big water gun at Grandma |
 |
| Beth, Daniel, and I on a huge flower floaty, looking like three drowned rats! =) |
We went to an amusement park yesterday, but I'll post the pictures of that in a day or so. I don't want to bore anyone with too many really long posts! =)
Looks like your having a fun time!! Amusement Park??? hehehe..we've been hoping to go to one sometime but since it's summertime it's busier, etc. Soo we might go in Sept.
ReplyDeleteThis week is supposed to be warmer! Yipee! Finally!
Hopefully talk with you on Tuesday!
-Liv
p.s. I'm sure your wanting to go home now, since being away so long :)