Pages

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

You are sixteen, going on seventeen.....

Yesterday was my (Hannah's) birthday, and this year we combined it with the annual Donut Day!

Sunday night I had a sleep-over with several friends. We stayed up way past the time decent folk go to bed, but I only turn sixteen once, right? =)



I opened my gifts Sunday night. Mom, Dad, and Nathan bought me a camera!! I was soooooo surprised and delighted! Bethany gave me a travel mug, and Daniel (bless his heart!) made me a little plaque with my initials on it!  
  I had to do a "treasure hunt" to find Daniel's gift! He had wrote all the notes, and all but told me where to find them! =)






On Monday, many of the ladies and kids from church came over to make donuts! That is, the ladies came to make donuts...... we kids went outside and played football, soccer, capture-the-flag, and so on. Thankfully, the weather was beautiful!





The ladies were hard at work.......

We helped a little.....


.....and the little ones helped!


They made over 300 donuts, which were carefully taste-tested by all of us kids, of course, and then distributed to all the families.

No comments:

Post a Comment